Travelling solo is liberating in more than one way. The moment of truth is when you decide to go solo, the fear of the unknown will sink in but those who gets over this initial fear will have the world at their feet. Whether you are a male/female, traveling solo is a big decision and it gets more intimidating if you are traveling to a foreign land.
Lets take a look at the things to keep in mind:
- Wear appropriate clothes as per the cultural and religious norms followed in a country.
- Don`t consume alcohol/drugs with strangers. It might get you in trouble and people are always trying to exploit solo female travelers.
- Always carry an identity proof with you. Photocopy your passport/driving license/photo id etc and keep it in your wallet.
- Learn to say `NO` if you don`t like anything or if someone is trying to sell you stuff in a local market. Be assertive and firm on your decision.
- Avoid dark alleys/streets/parks at night. Try to seek help at the slightest hint of danger. Don`t try to solve it yourself, asking for help is better in a foreign country. Report any misshappening to the local police
Be safe and travel without fear. Happy travelling, ladies!!!